Here in Highlands NC it will be all about flowers this weekend. From Thursday, July 11th, through Sunday, July 14th, everyone’s favorite floral fest, known as Mountains in Bloom, will take place. From a lecture and luncheon to tours of some of the area’s most fabulous gardens every day will offer a treat for your senses. Summer is a stunning time of year in Highlands North Carolina, where wild flowers and impeccably kept gardens abound offering a sight for all to behold.
Mountains in Bloom Lineup:
Thursday, July 11
- “The Collected Tabletop”. This lecture and luncheon will take place at the Highlands Presbyterian Church starting at 11:30am.
- The Bascom will host a volunteer preview reception Thursday evening with special guests.
Friday & Saturday, July 12 & 13
- Garden tours will begin at 9 am each day. This year’s featured gardens are at Brushy Face. Lunch will be served at The Bascom campus, where the flower show, horticulture exhibit and photography exhibit will be ongoing.
- Flower Show at The Bascom will showcase flower arrangements, horticulture and photography from 10 am to 5 pm Friday and Saturday.
Sunday, July 14
- The Mountains in Bloom Benefactor Party will be an evening celebration held at The Farm at Old Edwards Inn, beginning at 6:00 P.M. The evening will include fine cuisine prepared by Chef Johannes Klapdohr of OEI, and music by Jim Gibson of Atlanta.
Mountains in Bloom celebrates summer in the Highlands area and is a true highlight for many of us. Contact me, Lynn Kimball today to learn more about living in Highlands. I can help you locate a vacation home rental or the second home you have been dreaming of buying. Let my experience and knowledge help you get to know Highlands NC inside and out.