Buying Highlands NC real estate often involves cash offers. Cash certainly can speed up the process of buying a home, eliminating the need to secure financing. This also eliminates the need for a financing contingency in a contract, which can be appealing to a seller.
What are the benefits to buying a home in Highlands NC with cash?
- Sellers look favorably on cash offers and might accept a lower price for the ease of the deal.
- The buying process can be sped up.
- Closing costs can be less, without loan origination fees, appraisals, etc.
- A home will cost less, with no interest being paid for years to come.
- A buyer has immediate equity in a home.
Of course if all you are looking for is a quick transaction you can always look to refinance your new home after its purchase. Cash buying can certainly make buying easier but it is important to remember to include other contingencies, like the inspection contingency, when writing up an offer for a home.
Contact me, Lynn Kimball, today to learn more about buying real estate in Highlands NC. My knowledge and experience can help you navigate the local market and find a home that suits your needs and your lifestyle.
Click here to read “43% of 2014 home buyers paid all cash” from Market Watch.